Re: [exim] Retrive public DKIM key

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Retrive public DKIM key
Greetings -

No, there isn't a way to retrieve the public key by sending a command to
the Exim mail server.

When they are adding the "DKIM-Signature" header line are they signing it
with your own domain or theirs? That is, what is the value of the "d="
attribute in the signature header? And is there a selector string ("s=") as
well? If so, what is its value? Together the domain and selector combine
and give the DNS name that needs to be looked up to retrieve the public key.

If GoDaddy are signing your messages with their domain in the "d=" then the
public key will be published within their DNS domain: there wouldn't be one
to put in your own domain.

However if they are using "d=*whateveryourdomainnameis*" then there will be
a public key that needs to be published within your domain. Of course if
your DNS is hosted with GoDaddy as well then I guess they might have added
this to your DNS configuration automatically when you turned on DKIM
signing.

But without knowing your domain name and selector being used none of us can
check whether it's there by doing a DNS lookup; instead it's something
you'll need to check yourself.

If you can't get any further you'll need to talk to GoDaddy's customer
support.

Cheers,
Mike B-)