Re: [exim] Help using cutthrough_delivery

Góra strony
Autor: Jeremy Harris
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Help using cutthrough_delivery
On 01/07/16 19:24, jgh wrote:
> On Jul 2, 2016 03:18, Rob Szarka <szlists@???> wrote:
>> In one test with a different address, I did get this message:
>>
>> Cutthrough cancelled by presence of DKIM signing
>
> Yes; dkim fell into the too-hard basket.
> I don't recall why. It might need thinking around the possible cases again.

Of course. You can't cutthrough a message you want to sign, because
you need the entire body data to generate the signature you're going
to place in the headers.

Well, ok, you could overlap just the inbound final-dot with the
entire outbound body. But the implementation would be majorly different
to the current (which byte-by-byte duplicates the inbound body
to the outbound) and the connect-time implications on big
messages would be worse. I'm not wanting to go there.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy