Re: [exim] Router or ACL - Deny all but one domain for speci…

Autor: Chris Siebenmann
A: Peter Leeman
CC: exim-users@exim.org, cks
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Router or ACL - Deny all but one domain for specific IPs
> To try and make the configuration more efficient I am trying to use
> an ACL to deny senders where the IP address is listed in a file AND
> the 'RCPT to' domain is anything other than 'thisdomain.com'. This
> ACL seems to be blocking all senders if they are listed in the file
> regardless of destination.
>
> The ACL is in the acl_check_rcpt section and is as follows:
>
>   deny
>         condition = ${if and \
>                 {match_ip{$sender_host_address}{net-iplsearch;/etc/exim4/conf.d/tmc-config/relay_from_xerox}} \
>                 {match_domain {$domain}{! thisdomain.com}} \
>                 }

My personal view is that your life will be simpler if you don't
try to do this check in a 'condition =' block but instead directly
use the ACL verbs that do these checks directly. I think that this
would make your ACL here something like:

    deny
        hosts = /etc/exim4/conf.d/tmc-config/relay_from_xerox
        !domains = thisdomain.com
        message = ....

It's much easier to write and test ACL rules that use these features
directly instead of slogging through getting the string expansions
right.

    - cks