Re: [exim] Is not honoring bounces-to violation of RFC?

Góra strony
Autor: Chip
CC: Exim-Users Mailing List
Temat: Re: [exim] Is not honoring bounces-to violation of RFC?
Yes that's very useful. Thanks.

I just find it interesting that of the millions of legitimate
non-spammy, double-opt in emails I've sent out over the last several
years, all with bounces-to header included, not 1 and I mean not one (1)
which bounced back bounced back to the reply-to, envelope-header or
return-path or wherever the RFC said it should bounce back to: All of
them with the exception of this recent company startup claiming to be an
email spam elimination service, bounced back to bounces-to where
automation swiftly and correctly blacklisted that email.

It is rather difficult to automate the blacklisting of dead, bounced
email addresses when the bounce report goes back to a standard in-box
reply-to or envelope-header inbox since the bounce-to address is
specifically designed to handle removal of dead emails, and, more
importantly the reply-to and envelope-to are intentionally FOR a real
person to reply to the campaign email and develop correspondence with a
real person, not an automated script.

It's very possible the nitty-gritty engineering details of this is above
my pay grade I will admit that.