[exim] Cert Verification CV=no

Author: Rob Gunther
Subject: [exim] Cert Verification CV=no
I often see in our server logs a little snippet that looks like this:

CV=no

I understand it means the remove certificate could not be or was not
verified.

Today I got to see some exim logs of a server we send to.

It shows CV=no, meaning our server (the sending server) has a bad
certificate.

I will work on getting a correct certificate, does anyone know a way as the
sender to verify that I have my new certificate installed and working
correctly?

I guess I would need to send mail somewhere.

Does the certificate need to match the hostname, or can I use a wildcard
cert?

Robert G.