Re: [exim] Exim not always logging Message-ID

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim not always logging Message-ID
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:45:14AM +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 13/06/16 21:50, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> > ??? id=<generated id>     # logged as always, because it *is* a message id
>                                    ^^^^^^^^^
> No.  Don't change existing behaviour.  Log generated only if configured.

> > fixed=id,sender,date # logged if +fixes is active
>
> Perhaps "fh=ISD" - "fh" for "fixed headers" and whatever subset
> of the letters I,S,D are appropriate to indicate fixup of
>
> Only to keep the overall line length down.

I propose to generate separate log line, filled with readable fixed_id=<..>,
fixed_date=... and other fixed_ items. Their sense should be obvious and
user should not spent time guessing what the abbreviation "fh=..." means.
This would be similar to logging of address rewrite rules.
--
Eugene Berdnikov