Re: [exim] Exim not always logging Message-ID

Author: Wolfgang Breyha
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim not always logging Message-ID
Wolfgang Breyha wrote on 02/06/16 16:38:
> I use
>   warn    hosts           = *
>           control         = submission/sender_retain
> in many acl_smtp_mail ACLs since 4.61 at least and they all got/get logged in
> the "<=" line. I assume you use the control verb at a later ACL?

Sorry, my fault. You're right. The host generating the Message-ID Header does
not log it as "id=...", only as $exim_message_id which is the unique part of
the generated Message-ID:. Usually this is sufficient to track an email.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha@???> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria