Re: [exim] Exim 4.87 - mail delivery or logging failure?

Góra strony
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Exim 4.87 - mail delivery or logging failure?
Kai Risku <Kai.Risku@???> (Do 19 Mai 2016 09:16:00 CEST):
> Does anybody have any thoughts on this issue?
> Unfortunately I have no more information than given previously..

> Upgraded from 4.84 to 4.87 and on exactly one fairly busy production system
> a small portion (~5%) of deliveries are not logged properly.
>
> Grepping a specific message id from the log finds only the following lines
> (sensitive data replaced by xxx):
>
> 2016-04-18 20:34:58 1asD4c-0002xi-2T <= xxx@xxx U=root P=spam-scanned
> S=33688 id=20160418203458-gktif3jm2yzc@xxx T="xxx" from <xxx@xxx> for
> xxx@xxx
> 2016-04-18 20:36:16 1asD4c-0002xi-2T Completed

Can you provice a sample of a log entry you would have expected?

> I have actually no idea if the message has been delivered or not. Has

> anything changed in the logging code that could either explain the seemingly
> random lack of logging, or cause the message to somehow fail without
> explanation and just mark it as completed?

"Completed" does not imply success or failure. It's just *completed* in
one or another way. The spool files should be removed and the message
logs too.

> The problems are not tied to specific recipients or remote hosts, as I have
> examples in the logs where the exact recipient has had successfully logged
> deliveries on one day, and a failure like above on another.

Are the peaks of deliveries/time are correlated to the "defect" log
files? (use eximstat for getting a histogram about processed messages)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann