Re: [exim] QueryProgram Router Question

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] QueryProgram Router Question
On 14/05/16 02:41, Kris Oye wrote:
> For better or worse, I am using the queryprogram router to evaluate incoming messages against a complex set of rules managed by an external application. Currently, I am only getting the message body piped to my external program and I have to pass the SMTP header via a command line switch (gross). I am wondering if:

Curiously, I don't see in the docs chapter for the queryprogram router
any definition of what gets fed into the command pipe. I can only
blame this on the lack of common need for the router...

The book (ISBN 0-9544529-0-9) says "No input is provided for the
command" - which seemingly does not match what you find in practice.

To be clear: you're getting the 5822 body but not the 5822 headers
(and you'd like the latter)? You're not referring to 5821
envelope information?

> (1)    Is there an option to pass the entire message via the pipe (modified headers + body)?

I don't see one.

> (2)    If there is no such option can I make that a feature request?

Certainly; open a bug at https://bugs.exim.org/
(and label it as "wishlist").

No promises on when or if, I'm afraid.
--