Re: [exim] tls_advertise_hosts

Góra strony
Autor: Richard Clayton
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] tls_advertise_hosts
In message <571F44C2.10307@???>, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???>
writes

>On 26/04/16 11:24, Richard Clayton wrote:
>> In message <571F2B9A.9070205@???>, Jeremy Harris
>> <jgh@???> writes
>>
>>> So much for encouraging people to actually use security.
>>
>> There's a difference between "encouragement" and subtly breaking
>> existing configurations
>
>The logged error was too subtle?

If you mean

    2016-04-25 03:01:00 Warning: No server certificate defined; TLS
    connections will fail. Suggested action: either install a
    certificate or change tls_advertise_hosts option

that's a warning, not an error :)

If you mean the error that is logged for the delivery failure: I
generally find that my logs a bit verbose for regular reading ... I just
look at them when things break, and when most email is turning up just
fine I tend to just ignore them.

When I did realise I had a problem I found the log said

    2016-04-25 00:23:00 TLS error on connection from
    mrout1-b.corp.bf1.yahoo.com [98.139.253.104]:26298 (SSL_accept):
    error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:ssl3_get_client_hello:no shared cipher
    2016-04-25 00:23:00 TLS client disconnected cleanly (rejected our
    certificate?)

and that is indeed subtly hinting that the cert (which in my case I have
not got) is at the root of the problem ... but it's not really recording
(ie: the subtlety continues) the actually relevant event (that a 4xx has
been presented to the remote machine) the cleanliness makes it all sound
better than it is :(

- --
richard                                                  Richard Clayton

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a        Benjamin
little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.    Franklin