Re: [exim] Reject servers that use my ip address as EHLO

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Reject servers that use my ip address as EHLO

On Wed, 2016-04-20 at 13:09 +0200, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:

> But keep in mind: if you simply deny in HELO will simply signal a deny
> to the client but if the client simply ingores your response and starts
> sending a message anyway, it will be accepted by exim.

When I rejected in ACL HELO, my Exims never accepted any message, ever,
as confirmed by log entries.

Now I set flags in ACL HELO and do the rejection in ACL RCPT partially
because some Microsoft's servers (MTAs) fail to recognise a 550 in ACL
HELO and subsequently retry sending.

> There was a discussion in January about that issue, have a look at the
> discussion in the archive ("exim still accepting email after 550 from
> acl_check_helo").

Can not understand how that is possible if the connection is dropped
after issuing a 550 in ACL HELO.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.