Re: [exim] 4.87 and acl_check_data

Góra strony
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] 4.87 and acl_check_data
Evgeniy Berdnikov <bd4@???> (Mi 13 Apr 2016 13:34:58 CEST):

> Yes, but... I have a chain of two "types" of SMTP servers inside office,
> with different roles:
>
> SMTP clients --> SMTP(A) --> SMTP(B) --> LMTP (mailboxes)
>
> Servers B were upgraded to Exim-4.87, severs A were not. Currently
> if B rejects mail, bounce is generated on A, but A can not deliver it
> directly to mailbox (it has no mappings "address->mbox"), it should
> forward bounce through B. If bounce is rejected by B on the same reason,
> it simply disappears.

Mail does not "disappear" :) I think, you got at least an entry in the
logs, and a frozen message. (Frozen as double bounce.)

> Well, I can push the rejection edge towards SMTP client, rejecting
> malformed mails on A. But problem was that after a "blind" upgrade
> of servers B to Exim-4.87 I suddenly got RT tickets about lost mails.

If you just did your upgrade, the behaviour of the new Exim should not
be different than your old one. We try hard to keep compatibility in
behaviour. With one notable exception, that was the
keep_environment thing, there we *had* to change the behaviour (and we
had long discussions about that).

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann