Re: [exim] 4.87 and acl_check_data

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.87 and acl_check_data
Evgeniy Berdnikov <bd4@???> (Mi 13 Apr 2016 12:08:40 CEST):

> In the case of bounce, which is internally generated message, I'd like to
> do everything possible to have it passed and delivered. If bounce is not
> properly formatted, it's not good, yes. But if lost, it's a real trouble.

I agree. But sending bounces that break the rules isn't a solution. They
may be lost somewhere else. If they're lost on your system, you should
see at least some trace.

I can imagine an option to force proper formatting of the message that
is included in the bounce. I'm not sure if this was discussed already.

    a) cut the overlong lines and add some note for the recipient
    b) convert the to-be-bounced message body to some MIME format

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann