Re: [exim] When using Exim filter from .forward, can I get …

Author: Terje Trane
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] When using Exim filter from .forward, can I get the action taken logged?
On 03.04.2016 08:14, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> [...]
>
> if some condition
> then
>      logwrite "$tod_log save message _from_ $header_From: _with_ $header_Subject: _to_ $header_To: M-ID $message_id to folder .special-folder"
>      save $home/Maildir/.special-folder/
> endif

> cu Andreas

I'm aware of logwrite. Currently I start my .forward with this:

# Exim filter
logfile $home/filter.log 600
logwrite "\n$tod_log $message_id\n\tFrom: $h_from:\n\tSubject:
$h_subject:\n\tTo: $h_to:"

I can of course add a logwrite statement to every rule, but this is
tedious, and there is no guaranty that what actually happened matches
with what I tell logwrite to write (think copy-and-paste errors etc.).

I was more thinking of if there is a possibility for specifying what to
log at a "global" level. But maybe there isn't?