Re: [exim] smtp transport interface option for deferred emai…

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp transport interface option for deferred emails
On 2016-03-28, Diego Sanchez <disa1710@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using exim with different IP address (sort of "virtual MTAs"). I use
> the *interface* option of the smtp transport to send the emails using the
> same ip where they were received.
>
> remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp
> interface = $received_ip_address
> (...)
>
> This works well. But for delivery attempts of deferred emails this doesn't
> seem to work fine.
> Can anyone confirm this? Any ideas on how to use the same IP for delivery
> retries?
>
> Thanks!
> Diego.
> Exim 4.71

4.71 has a some bugs related to multiple outbound ip addresses. the
work-around I used was to decide in the router which IP address to use
for delivery and to have one transport for each IP address, but in the
trasports to still use a string expansion on the IP address.

The multiplicity of transports stops queued emails from departing
through the wrong IP address, The string expansion keeps the retry
databases for each ip address from interacting.

As I understand it these bugs have been fixed in the laest version.

--
\_(ツ)_