Re: [exim] How to debug readsocket?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to debug readsocket?
On 28/03/16 15:08, Rob Gunther wrote:
> My first guess would be permissions, but I don't know how to debug it. How
> can I increase logging or somehow monitor what is hapening when it tries to
> execute the readsocket command?

There's a commandline option "-d" and various suboptions. Try
"-d-all+route+expand" added to your daemon startup line

(see
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_exim_command_line.html#SECID39
for details)

- shutting the daemon down first, and running it manually.
It will run in foreground and emit a lot of debug output,
which you will need to capture. I use something like
"exim -bd -dfoo 2>&1 | tee log".

Then feed it a test message. This assumes your test
is coming in via smtp. If it's a commandline local
message, no need to stop the daemon; just add the
debug option to your comandline.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy