Re: [exim] Connection not timing out

Author: Michael Fischer v. Mollard
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Connection not timing out

-- Am 03/22/16 12:27:05 +0100 schrieb Heiko Schlittermann:

> It's not easy to tell who (which function) is calling this recvfrom(). I
> suppose, it's inside the TLS connection handling, and hidden from any
> "external" timeout catchers.
>
> Is it possible to have a tcpdump watching the connection and then, if
> the error re-occurs, to filter out the stream?
>
> I'd like at which stage of conversation it hangs.

Sorry, but that's not possible at the moment due to load and privacy
concerns.

>> exim4     18622     Debian-exim    7u     IPv4           98772160
>> 0t0 TCP XXXX:41992->YYYY:smtp (ESTABLISHED) exim4     18622
>> Debian-exim    8w     FIFO                0,8      0t0 98772157 pipe

> Unfortunately it's not visible how much they talked to each other
> already.
>
> Using an acl condion
>
>     condition = <to be forwarded to the internal host>
>     control = debug/tag=.foo/opts=+all

> would help too.

I just had an example for which I could examine at the internal host - it
tries to communicate with fsecure via the socket, so it should be in the
DATA ACL. This should not take longer than final_timeout. Btw: Disabling
TLS between internal and external host seemed to be a good idea as the
number of long hanging connections seem to decrease.

Sorry for the weird stuff
    Michael