Re: [exim] Unexplained Long Retry Time

Author: Kevin Smith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Unexplained Long Retry Time
Thanks for the response.

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 08:57:58 +0000
> Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
>
> On 18/03/16 20:51, Kevin Smith wrote:
> > Exim 4.76
>
> That's pretty old

Ubuntu 12.04LTS package version. Will upgrade in the near(ish) future :)

> > I have a recurring situation where emails sit in the queue for long
> > periods of time for no apparent reason.
>
> Any useful info from exinext?
>
> http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-exim_utilities.html#SECTfinindret
>
> What happens if you run a manual attempt, with "exim -M
> 1agdIv-0005F1" ? If it still does not deliver, repeat with "-d+all"
> and capture the output.

For this instance, all the messages got delivered eventually. It's a
recurring situation so I'll investigate when it reoccurs.

There were some similar stuck messages that I did deliver with exim -M.
Again I'll test the particular case next time it occurs.

--
Sent from room 641A
"Jo da, riktig fint i kveld" -- Asbjørn på Skutholmen

Kevin Smith | ShadeTree Software, Philadelphia, PA, USA; 215-487-3811