Re: [exim] maildirsize not updated

Author: WJCarpenter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] maildirsize not updated

On 03/03/2016 09:52 AM, Yves Goergen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up Exim to use Maildir storage and use the maildirsize
> file. This has worked up to an unknown point in the past. Right now,
> the maildirsize is not updated anymore when new mail is being
> delivered to that Maildir. The logs (/var/log/exim4/main-* and
> /var/log/mail.log) contain nothing at all besides the delivery entries.

This happened to me a few weeks ago. However, it turned out that it
actually hadn't been working for a long, long time, and I just didn't
notice. In my case, it was because deliveries to subfolders were not
updating the top level maildirsize file. That happened because I had
neglected to configure "maildirfolder_create_regex" for my local
delivery stuff. All my fault, and things got better as soon as I did
that and cleaned up the old subfolder maildirsize files.

I'm mentioning this just in case you happen to be fooled by the same thing.