Re: [exim] Troubleshoot callout cache not working

Author: Emmanuel Noobadmin
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Troubleshoot callout cache not working
On 2/23/16, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
> The way you have configured use of callouts could be such as to
> not write a record. Lets see that part of your config file
> (make sure it's the one being used, if there are several).

This is the only part where the keyword "callout" exists in
/etc/exim.conf which exim -bV says it is using.

#drop  message = TOO_MANY_FAILED_RECIPIENTS
#      log_message = REJECTED - Too many failed recipients - count =
$rcpt_fail_count
#      condition = ${if > {${eval:$rcpt_fail_count}}{3}{yes}{no}}
#      !verify = recipient/callout=1m,defer_ok,use_sender

The # are intentional, as in previously I commented them out in an
attempt to get exim to stop doing recipient callout, but it is some
how ignoring it because I can see in debug mode that it is doing the
callout.

The full exim.conf file is based on this
https://www.nobaloney.net/archives/spamblocker/DirectAdminSpamBlocker4.2.3/exim.conf-SpamBlockerTechnology-v4.2.3.txt

Output from
# exim -bP | grep callout
callout_domain_negative_expire = 3h
callout_domain_positive_expire = 1w
callout_negative_expire = 2h
callout_positive_expire = 1d
callout_random_local_part = $primary_hostname-$tod_epoch-testing