Re: [exim] exim mysql and utf8

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] exim mysql and utf8
On 18/02/16 19:55, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 18/02/16 19:21, Juan Bernhard wrote:
>> The message is read from a mysql database, the database is in
>> utf8. Exim is configured to use header_charset utf8 (this even is not a
>> header, but anyway, is the only place when you can configure a charset),
>> but exim writes the result as ISO-8859, resulting some characters not
>> being displayed correctly.
>>
>> When I test the exim query expansion i get:
>> exim -be '${lookup mysql {SELECT mensaje FROM vacation WHERE usuario =
>> "forotecnologico"}}'
>> Hola, estoy de vacas.
>> ▒▒▒▒▒.▒▒▒▒▒.▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
>
> Try playing with -d-all+expand+lookup and see if you can track the
> exact character codes coming in from the DB. This will of course
> be confused by the debug output path not being utf8-enabled, but
> you might find something relevant.

Ah, you may need even more recent than 4.86 - which means compiling
from the git tree master.

Possibly relevant:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-options.html

- mentions a default-character-set option you may put in a
MySQL option file. Exim (at least recently [1]) sets the
MYSQL_READ_DEFAULT_GROUP option flag on the DB connection,
saying to use the "default" option group in the "my.cnf" file
(or a specified group name, if you care).

Before that commit this option flag was not set.

I'd guess you need to tell it there to use utf8.

1] a159f203b559 - support MySQL config file option group names
--
Cheers,
Jeremy