Re: [exim] .forward from a database

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: WJCarpenter
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] .forward from a database
On 02/15/2016 03:33 PM, DANIEL DAVID EGLI wrote:
> I have a mail server where all the account details will be stored inside a MySQL database. What I want is to place the forward address (if there is one) in the database also, instead of the user's .forward file. This is because this particular server is almost entirely virtual domain users, with almost no-one who actually has shell

I'd like to ask one question of clarification about what you are trying
to do. Are you trying to put an actual forward-to email address in your
DB, or are you trying to put the (logical) contents of a .forward file
in your DB?

In either case, have you already verified that those MySQL queries are
returning what you expect when they are run from within exim? That's the
part I usually mess up when doing stuff like this.