Re: [exim] Exim trying to send email to A record of recipien…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Konstantin Boyandin
To: exim-users@exim.org
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim trying to send email to A record of recipient domain
On 02/11/2016 04:23 PM, Ian Eiloart wrote:

>> On 9 Feb 2016, at 14:29, Konstantin Boyandin <lists@???> wrote:
>>
>>> MX records must contain names, resolvable to ip addresses.
>>
>> They do. I also checked that
>> - all the nameservers return the same MX record
>> - all the nameservers resolve MX record FQDN to the same IP address
>> (different from A record for the domain)
>
> This looks like a misunderstanding of the MX record. The MX record points

from an email domain to a FQDN. The FQDN must have an A or AAAA record (and
not a CNAME) which in turn resolves to an IP address. See

Talking of my case, MX records *do* point to FQDN, which in turn have
valid A records (no CNAMEs).

All I had to do was to prevent Exim from utilizing A record of the
recipient's domain if MX records resolution failed.

Sincerely,
Konstantin