Re: [exim] Can't get Exim to DKIM-sign

Author: John McMurray
To: Andrey Utkin, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Can't get Exim to DKIM-sign
The exim list bounced back my message because of inline images (in my
signature)... Resending without the images:

Hello,

Its really hard to offer help without seeing the relevant parts of your
config file, but this is what I have in mine:

remote_smtp:
   driver = smtp
         #dkim_domain = gingergoat.co.za
         dkim_domain = $sender_address_domain
         dkim_selector = x
         #dkim_private_key = /etc/exim/dkim.private.key
         dkim_private_key = ${if
exists{/etc/virtual/$sender_address_domain/dkim.private.key}{/etc/virtual/$sender_address_domain/dkim.private.key}{0}}
         dkim_canon = relaxed

NOTES:
1) I was testing initially with a specific domain and private key file
which are now commented out so I can handle virtual domains.
2) You say that the location of the key file is correct, but you should
make sure that it really is, ie that its a full absolute path. It
doesn't seem to work with relative paths. According to the spec the key
file is required and if it can't find it it simply skips the signing (no
error logged).
3) The key file should also have correct permissions for exim.

That's all I have for you... But that code above works for me. Of course
you then also need an appropriate dns record. In my test case above that
would be:
x._domainkey.gingergoat.co.za.     TXT    {public_key_here}

Regards,
John McMurray

--
John McMurray     SoftSmart.co.za
Server Administrator | Development Manager

    john@???

    0110 837 085

    www.infobahn.co.za <https://www.infobahn.co.za>

PO Box 612, Plettenberg Bay, 6600