Re: [exim] Disable DNS checks in pipe delivery

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Disable DNS checks in pipe delivery
On 2016-01-22, Luis Calero <lcalero@???> wrote:
> Hello... I have the following scenario: I have an Exim machine used
> as a relay receiving emails that have to be inmediately transferred to
> a rabbitmq for further processing. To do that I've set up a
> pipe_delivery to a Perl script that receives the message and then
> queues it. The problem is that when a bad email comes, i.e.
> nonexistent domain, exims runs its DNS checks on it, fails and doesn't
> get delivered to the pipe script, and I want all the emails to be
> delivered to te pipe.
>
> Is there any way I can disable the DNS checks so the emails doesn't
> fail in Exim everything just gets delivered to the pipe? Here's my
> config:

> dnslookup:
>    debug_print = "R: dnslookup for $local_part@$domain"
>    driver = dnslookup
>    domains = ! +local_domains
>    transport = pipe_delivery
>    same_domain_copy_routing = yes
>    # ignore private rfc1918 and APIPA addresses
>    ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8 :192.168.0.0/16 :\
>                                    172.16.0.0/12 : 10.0.0.0/8 :
> 169.254.0.0/16 :\
>                                    255.255.255.255
>    no_more

There's the problem; this router the domain or mx gives resilves to an IP
address.

What do you want to do with domains that have mx in those IP ranges ?

> I want all the emails to be delivered to te pipe.

dnslookup is probably the wrong route engine then, perhaps route like
this instead:

 everything_else:
    debug_print = "R: everything_else for $local_part@$domain"
    driver = manualroute