Re: [exim] filters: delivering to multiple recipients define…

Autor: Mike Brudenell
A: Nick
CC: Exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] filters: delivering to multiple recipients defined in a single string
Hi, Nick -

I've not done much with filters for a long time so am afraid I can't help
with whether there's some clever/sneaky way of persuading a filter to
deliver to an arbitrary number of recipients obtained from a lookup.

However I think you're onto a non-starter trying to find different
delimiters that might work with deliver in a filter; the *Exim Filter* document
describes the format of the deliver directive as taking a single email
address, not a list.

As for how to do it in the main configuration, a good starting point would
be to look at the description of the *system_aliases r*outer (eg, in
section 7.3 of the *Exim 4.86 Specification* document)…

The example there uses a simple *lsearch* linear lookup to retrieve a data
item containing one or more target addresses from the /etc/aliases file
keyed by an alias name. The *redirect* driver then deals with interpreting
this comma-separated list and routing copies of the message to each address
given in the lookup.

Instead of using *lsearch* you could of course use a different type of
lookup such as *sqlite*; from your filter example you seem to know how to
construct these (which is more than I do! :-)

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
Systems Administrator & Change Manager
IT Services, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK

Web: www.york.ac.uk/it-services
Disclaimer: www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm