Re: [exim] Exim misses some attachments.

Author: kuncho pencho
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim misses some attachments.
Hi Jon,

My gentoo box run only MTA with about 200 mail boxes. Ops, and a dhcp server also. :)
I already explain, a like gentoo and don't want move to debian or so on. I have debian box with squid proxy and see the difference. That's not the point. I just want to now, should i need move from demime to acl_check_mime?
I already now that demime is more simple but acl_check_mime is more flexible.

Thanks.

On Thu, 2015-12-17 at 12:47 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 12:22:05 +0200 (EET), kuncho pencho

> kuncho_71@??? > wrote:

> > I can't update exim. It's run on gentoo with linux kernel 2.4, i

> > should install it from scratch bit it's impossible for me. :(

> Gentoo is a distribution for people who _really_ know their way

> around

> Linux. If you can't update a single package on Gentoo, you need to

> change to a distribution that matches your skills.

> Greetings

> Marc

Marc - there's a fair chance that kuncho pencho knows that already

(Gentoo is a distro ...)

They have a 2.4 kernel on a Gentoo box which frankly I didn't realise,

as a fairly long term Gentoo user, was even possible.

According to WP (my first kernel was 1.9something on the Yggdrasil

distro but my memory grows dim):

Kernel 2.4 released 4 January 2001

Gentoo Linux 1.0 released March 31, 2002

That's a pretty short window of opportunity. So what on earth is a 2.4

kernel powered Gentoo box doing in late 2015?

I've got Gentoo boxes shuffling email since 2003 that nowadays run a

4.x kernel and a modern toolchain and so on (Trigger's Broom - https://

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Trigger%27s_broom&redirect=no). One

day they'll have to be moved from 32 to 64 bit and that will need a re-

install but the config remains the same ...

I'd love to know what Kuncho's box is doing and why it can't join the

C21.

Cheers

Jon

Blueloop Ltd

01460 271055

https://www.blueloop.net

Blueloop House, Ilchester Road, YEOVIL, BA21 3AA Registered England & Wales - 3981322