Re: [exim] Adding authentication results headers for SPF and…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Evgeniy Berdnikov
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Adding authentication results headers for SPF and DKIM
On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 06:58:30AM +0600, Konstantin Boyandin wrote:
> The core problem, however, was inadequate nameservers in
> resolv.conf. They were unable to get properly all the requests in
> time. To test that, I ran spfquery utility from command line, and it
> complained about 'temporary errors' (when 'include' parts were
> present in SPF record).

If DNS returns TempFail, this does NOT mean it runs "improperly".
In most cases it means only that queries from this DNS were unreplied,
and there are lot of reasons for this: network connectivity problems,
link load, misconfiguration of sender's DNS and so on.

As for 'include' statements in SPF records, they have no direct relation
to DNS temporary failures, but each 'include' increases number of queries
and hereby increases the probability of TempFail.
--
Eugene Berdnikov