Re: [exim] Next Exim release

Author: Bjørnar Ness
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users, exim-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Next Exim release
I have a few requests for the next exim release:

1) transfer acl_m and acl_c variables to bounces and autoreplies. This will make
it possible to use this data for routing or transport without having
to use hacks to
transfer this data in headers

2) lookup cache (do_cache) 3rd option:

the do_cache = false in lookups is actually a flush_cache = true, I
was not aware
of this until recently. It would be nice to add a option to not flush
the entire cache,
but just to prevent caching the current query

3) write_file command to be able to write data to a file, this could
be useful for not
having to fork a shell process to accomplish same

4) beeing able to supply tls certificate/key as a string in addition
to a file/path

5) ability to log a custom element to atleast message loglines:

My exim config behaves as both mx and a submission, and uses different acl's
and options based on the SERVER_TYPE macro. I would like to have the
possibility to add this expansion to each logline.

--
Bj(/)rnar