Re: [exim] El Capitan devs wanted

Autor: Viktor Dukhovni
A: exim-users, exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim] El Capitan devs wanted
On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 02:43:27PM +0000, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> Do we have anybody out there doing development work on MacOS?
> (Come to that, do we have any users?)

Well I do Postfix development on MacOS/X, and indeed there are no
OpenSSL headers, which is a good thing since the runtime is stuck
at 0.9.8, which will be EOL by the end of the month.

Users can install their own OpenSSL runtime (from MacPorts, Homebrew
or elsewhere) and use that, or just build with no SSL support.

> One option would be to
> add a third supported TLS package to the two (OpenSSL, GnuTLS)
> currently supported - but this will be a fairly large effort and
> one I think best done by a dev who has a need for it (which means,
> not me). Another would be to note that you have to install your
> own OpenSSL headers.

Headers *and* libraries.

--
    Viktor.