Re: [exim] How to exclude users from reject rcpt?

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: kuncho pencho
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to exclude users from reject rcpt?
Hi!

I think the "solution" you found doesn't do what you asked for in your
original post!

You asked how to exclude a *recipient* address from the list

domainlist domains_we_reject =
*.se:*.*.*.ru:*.*.ru:*.ru:*.*.br:*.br:*.in:*.cn:*.rus

That is, when checking a recipient address (one to which the message is
being sent) you wanted "*@live.ru" to be exempted, despite having "*.ru" in
the above list of blocked recipients?

The solution you posted doesn't look at the *recipient* address at all, but
the email address of the *sender* of the message.

Perhaps you first need to think about what you're trying to achieve and
explain your needs more clearly. For example:

- When a message is going *to* a <*@*.ru> address do you want it
delivered or blocked?
- When a message is going *to* a <*@live.ru> address do you want it
delivered or blocked?
- When a message is going *to* a <specificperson@???> address do you
want it delivered or blocked?

- When a message is coming *from* a <*@*.ru> address do you want it
delivered or blocked?
- When a message is coming *from* a <*@live.ru> address do you want it
delivered or blocked?
- When a message is coming *from* a <specificperson@???> address do
you want it delivered or blocked?

- When there is a conflict between these — that is, one says "deliver"
and the "block" — which should win?

Cheers,
Mike B-)