Re: [exim] Different password for remote SMTP relay

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Different password for remote SMTP relay
Hello Jacob,

Jacob Hansen <jacob@???> (Do 26 Nov 2015 21:04:22 CET):
(…)
> The problem is that I want to use a different remote_username and
> remote_password for a select group of users/senders. The login names (for my
> exim server) are full e-mail addresses, so I have added these e-mail
> addresses to a file /etc/differentlogin (i.e list of e-mail addresses
> separated by a new line).

Beside the notes from Jeremy…
I think I've an example setup for what you want to achive.

    hg clone https://ssl.schlittermann.de/hg/exim-smart-config

# The smarthosts file
# -------------------
# All relevant information about the smarthosts is stored
# in one place. This place is the "smarthosts" file. The structure
# is simple. It consists of lines as in the example:
#
# # sender     |servers[::port]  |user|password
# # -----------+-----------------+----+---------
# foo@???   foobar.com       foo  secret
# baz@???   a.com:b.com::25  foo  sicrit
# *@bar.com     bar.com/mx:25    fuz  secret2
# *             smtp.gmail.com   xxx  baz
#
# Note: the "servers::[port]" field is used as "route_data", thus all
# rules for route_data apply (see spec.txt, 20.3).
# - multiple servers are colon (:) separated
# - you can use indirect lists by appending /mx
# - you can specifiy a port number numerically (per default we use 587)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann