Re: [exim] charset of “fail” messages

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] charset of “fail” messages
On 2015-11-26, Felipe Gasper <felipe@???> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     When I do:

> fail text "$home:/Nööö!!!"
>
> … I get a fail message with:
>
> /home/mortal:/N\303\266\303\266\303\266!!!
>
>     This (with US-ASCII encoding) appears to be hard-coded into
> src/deliver.c … is there any motion in the direction of being able to
> specify an encoding for fail messages?

As far as I understandthe rules of SMTP:

The only other charset allowed is UTF8 and that only if the HOST
advertises "SMTPUTF8" in in response to "EHLO" _and_ the client says
"SMTPUTF8" after the <address> part of the SMTP "MAIL FROM" command.

SMTPUTF8 support in exim is still considered experimental, but if building
with EXPERIMENTAL_INTERNATIONAL enabled does not allow UTF8 in

\_(ツ)_