[exim-dev] tls_advertise_hosts issues too many warnings (!?)

Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: [exim-dev] tls_advertise_hosts issues too many warnings (!?)
Hi,

two patterns I'm using quite often:

    exim -C /dev/null -bP primary_hostname
    exim -C <(echo primary_hostname=foo) -bP primary_hostname

With the default being tls_advertise_hosts = *, this above line issue
all that ugly warnings about missing tls_* support files.

Redirecting STDERR would work in the above examples, but it's ugly and
would hide error messages I'd need to see. And BTW the some of the tests
(testsuite test 568) run exim -C /dev/null …

What about some "magic": Suppress the above tls_* warnings
physical size of the main config file is >3 byte (which would allow an
empty file terminated with \r?\n).

This wouldn't have any impact on normaly operations (because no useful
config is possible with an empty file) but it would allow better
debugging, demonstration, testing etcpp.

(The patch already exists in my private repo.)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann