[exim] Logging a specific header to a different log file

Top Pagina
Auteur: Daniel Oakes
Aan: exim-users@exim.org
Onderwerp: [exim] Logging a specific header to a different log file
Hi There,

Tried googling for quite a bit, but didn't really find what I was after.

What I'm trying to do is log a specific header line in the received: portion to a different log file.

Basically we've got a simple filter we've created for our exim which blocks email to specific domains (for spam reasons). We think we've got a bucketload of compromised accounts but want to capture them. The filter is currently:

  deny message          = Domain $domain is prohibited for outgoing mails
        domains         = lsearch;/etc/exim4/restricted_domains

This is under acl_check_rcpt:

What we wish to do is expand the header and then write this to a different log file

So using:

'${sg{$h_Received:}{\N\n[ \t]\N}{ }}'

Which returns a better header we then want to search for our inserted variable (from another mail system) of authenticated sender .. like in this line:

from xxxx (unknown [xx.xx.xx.xx]) (Authenticated sender: xxx@???) by xx.nz (Postfix) with ESMTPA id E4685935877 for <xxxx@???>; Tue, 17 Nov 2015 13:12:33 +1300 (NZDT)

So we want to write this bit (Authenticated sender: xxx@???<mailto:xxx@xxx.org.nz>) into a separate log file.

Possible?    I'll admit to not being an expert on the exim variables etc.

Thanks for any replies.

Cheers,
Daniel