Re: [exim] mail delivery to smarthost very slow

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marc Haber
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] mail delivery to smarthost very slow
On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:50:12 +0000, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???>
wrote:
>On 16/11/15 10:06, Jonas Meurer wrote:
>> As you can see, the mails are sent to the smarthost one by one, with
>> a new connection for each mail. Is it possible to make Exim4 deliver
>> several mails together to the smarthost in one connection?
>
>Exim normally reuses a connection for multiple deliveries; it takes
>specific configuration to make it not do so.

In my experience, exim delivers messages immediately. If one wants to
make use of connection, reuse, one needs to make exim put the message
on the queue first.

> This is a Debian
>config problem; you need to ask in a Deb-specific place. The Deb
>docs should tell you where.

Is this Anti-Debian knee-jerk reaction still commonplace on this list?
It's a pity. The Debian configuration goes to _lengths_ to _not_
change the default behavior. We even try to keep the _COMMENTS_ in our
configuration in line with the upstream default configs so that
third-party HOWTO documents still fit and to make it easy for the
members of _this_ list to help Debian and to some extent even Ubuntu
users.

Greetings
Marc