Re: [exim] mail delivery to smarthost very slow

Top Pagina
Auteur: Evgeniy Berdnikov
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] mail delivery to smarthost very slow
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 10:50:12AM +0000, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 16/11/15 10:06, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> > As you can see, the mails are sent to the smarthost one by one, with
> > a new connection for each mail. Is it possible to make Exim4 deliver
> > several mails together to the smarthost in one connection?
>
> Exim normally reuses a connection for multiple deliveries; it takes
> specific configuration to make it not do so. This is a Debian
> config problem; you need to ask in a Deb-specific place. The Deb
> docs should tell you where.

Debian Exim package has no specific options for remote_smtp_smarthost
transport, limiting number of messages per connection.

And I see no proof of single-delivery statement in the initial post,
its logs do not show such behaviour. However, some mails are not sent
immediately but queued due smtp_accept_queue_per_connection=100, with
record in log "no immediate delivery: more than 100 messages received
in one connection". Maybe the reason of delays is that some mail bundles
are sent to smarthost during scheduled queue runs (once 30 min or more).
--
Eugene Berdnikov