Re: [exim] EXIM 'Completed' hook'

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] EXIM 'Completed' hook'
On 2015-11-10, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
> On 04/11/15 02:20, Jasen Betts wrote:
>>        /* Log temporary errors if there are more hosts to be tried.
>>        If not, log this last one in the == line. */
>> +      /* this log_write mimics code in post_process_one in deliver.c */

>>        if (host->next)
>>         log_write(0, LOG_MAIN, "H=%s [%s]: %s", host->name, host->address, addr->message);
>> -
>> +#ifdef EXPERIMENTAL_EVENT
>> +  event_defer_errno=addr->basic_errno;
>> +  msg_event_raise(US"msg:smtp:defer", addr);
>> +#endif

> That would be per host tried, per recipient. Is that intended?

yes that's what I want. basically I want to duplicate everything I can
get got from scanning the logs, if the mail is not delivered people want
to know why. if I insert it into the databse they can see what happened,
and I can run analysys...

> If so, other possible classifications are
> msg:rcpt:host:defer
> msg:host:rcpt:defer

Ok. I was strugling to derive the naming convention used for these
events. I don't have a preference.

--
\_(ツ)_