Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 SVN 397: testinput9 fails with LINK_SIZ…

Author: ph10
To: Ralf Junker
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 SVN 397: testinput9 fails with LINK_SIZE != 2
On Fri, 6 Nov 2015, Ralf Junker wrote:

> PCRE2 SVN 397 adds this to testoutput9:
>
> /(?'ABC'\[[bar](]{106}*THEN:\[A]{255}\[)]{107}/expand
> Failed: error 186 at offset 637: regular expression is too complicated
>
> However, with LINK_SIZE = 3 the expression is not too complicated and the test
> passes.
>
> A possible solution would be to move the test to testinput8.
>
> To cover the scenario, additional tests targeted at LINK_SIZE = 3 and 4 would
> be nice to have.

Thanks for noticing this. In fact, I think it can be fixed more easily
(though I'm busy on a related issue first). The way the compile
workspace is used in PCRE2 has changed since PCRE1, and making its size
depend on LINK_SIZE is no longer relevant. Removing this dependency
should fix the issue. I'll investigate in due course.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel