Re: [exim] DSN Issue

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DSN Issue
On 30/10/15 14:59, Andrew Johnson wrote:
> I’ve compiled a vanilla 4.86 exim binary from standard EDITME setup
> (with the exception of removing eximon).
>
> I’ve tried to send an email requesting DSN to a Non DSN Aware mail
> server and would therefore expect a DSN to be generated, but none was ?

Smells like a deficiency in the implementation to me.
Please raise a bug at bugs.exim.org with all that info and referencing
RFC 3461 section 5.2,2 subsection (b):

   (b) If the NOTIFY parameter was supplied for a recipient, with an
       esmtp-value containing the keyword SUCCESS, and the SMTP server
       returns a success (2xx) reply-code in response to the RCPT
       command, the client MUST issue a "relayed" DSN for that
       recipient.

--
Thanks,
Jeremy