Re: [exim] Sending Delays

Author: Merlin Hartley
To: Joshua Schulenberg
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sending Delays
Quite likely to be identd lookups timing-out:

# The settings below, which are actually the same as the defaults in the
# code, cause Exim to make RFC 1413 (ident) callbacks for all incoming SMTP
# calls. You can limit the hosts to which these calls are made, and/or change
# the timeout that is used. If you set the timeout to zero, all RFC 1413 calls
# are disabled. RFC 1413 calls are cheap and can provide useful information
# for tracing problem messages, but some hosts and firewalls have problems
# with them. This can result in a timeout instead of an immediate refused
# connection, leading to delays on starting up SMTP sessions. (The default was
# reduced from 30s to 5s for release 4.61.)

rfc1413_hosts = *
rfc1413_query_timeout = 5s

--
Merlin Hartley