Re: [exim] Custom log-element?

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Bjørnar Ness
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Custom log-element?

> On 21 Oct 2015, at 00:12, Bjørnar Ness <bjornar.ness@???> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to have exim include a MACRO or other expansion in every logline
> it writes? The reason I want this is a have setup where exim acts as
> mx/submission for multiple brands based on incoming ip address (proxy
> protocol). I would like
> to log both BRAND and SERVERTYPE
>
> Is this currently possible?

If, by SERVERTYPE, you mean "mx" or "msa", then you might do what I do, which is to run two instances of Exim, with slightly different configurations. They listen on different ports, and log to different files (mx_mainlog, msa_mainlog, etc). This could be easily extended to different brands, I suppose.

This has the advantage that the log files remain smaller, so searching them is more efficient.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex