[exim] Hi@ALL - Exim4 Multidomain / Multidomain-Multiinstanc…

Top Pagina
Auteur: dcentury@outlook.com
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] Hi@ALL - Exim4 Multidomain / Multidomain-Multiinstance Setup possible?
Hi,
Iam Dave from Germany and just want to introduce myself.
Iam trying to evaluate/compare/test postfix2, exim4 and sendmail8 and
document my findings/results.

My background:
Iam familar postfix, creating a multidomain/multidomain-multiinstance
setups with encryption enabled (TLS/SSL with valid free DV-StartSSL.com
certs) on a dualstack IPv4 and IPv6 system.
I can change the bind9 dns settings (mx, a, aaaa, ns, spf records) any
time because its not a production system, so if something fails it
doesnt realy matter.

Some questions:

#manuals
"Specification of the Exim Mail Transfer Agent - Exim Maintainers" (Rev.
4.82) *.pdf 28 Oct 2013 (i run 4.84 #2)
Is there any good books out there (i prefer *.epub, *.pdf or something i
can use offline on my Tablet where all my docs are stored)

#multidomain
As descibed above I was able to setup postfix on a single domain,
multiple domains and bound to one specific and later multiple
IPv4/IPv6-Addresses (isolated smtpd instances)
Q: Is there an option in exim4 to do the same?

#multiinstance
Postfix can handle parallel instances (any instance has its own
configfiles, multiple ques, directories ect.) (the "postmulti -I <name>
-e create" utility can help to do this)
Q: Is there an way in exim4 to do smothing like this (without
virtualization like jails, kvm, vmware ect)?

Ok, thadts all,
Greetings and have a nice weekend
Dave