[pcre-dev] config.h vs. pcre2.h - version number

Author: Ze'ev Atlas
To: Philip Hazel, Pcre Exim
Subject: [pcre-dev] config.h vs. pcre2.h - version number
Working on a first release of PCRE2 for z/OS, I've downloaded build 371 (no point on downloading the old original) and discovered that while pcre2.h (.n, .generic, whatever) is already geared towards 10.21 -RC1, the config.h.generic is still stuck with 10.20.  I have a few questions:
1. Why, at all do we need this information in two separate places.  Shouldn't the information in pcre2.h suffice?
2. In config.h itself, I have the information in 3 places:/* Define to the full name and version of this package. */
#define PACKAGE_STRING "PCRE2 10.20"
/* Define to the version of this package. */#define PACKAGE_VERSION "10.20"
/* Version number of package */#define VERSION "10.20"
My question is, while I may see the the difference between the first two, why do I need the third, isn't it a relic from past version?
3. If ultimately, we need the information in both headers (see question #1), which should I choose (i.e. should I adjust the config.h or pcre2.h?)
 Ze'ev Atlas