Re: [exim] exim4.conf variable case sensitivity

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] exim4.conf variable case sensitivity
On 23/09/15 15:30, Mike Brudenell wrote:
> I'm curious why this is necessary…
>
> On 23 September 2015 at 12:46, Nigel Metheringham <nigel@???>
> wrote:
>
>> Specifically you want to change /etc/domains/$domain to
>> /etc/domains/${lc:$domain}
>>

> As Colin mentioned, in the Specification the description of the
> *$domain* variable (p. 127 in the PDF from Exim 4.85) says:
>
> When an address is being routed, or delivered on its own, this
> variable contains the domain. Uppercase letters in the domain are
> converted into lower case for $domain.

... but his use case was in an ACL. Distinct from "being routed"
(in all but the most abstruse cases).

> Or is the documentation wrong and the domain name not converted to
> lower case before being put into the $domain variable?

I've not checked the code paths, and it's certainly confusing to have
the variable content change underneath you... but I suspect it does,
and the docs are more likely correct as far as they go. The bullet
points detailing the "other circumstances" could possibly be expanded to
point out that lowercasing has not yet been done.

Please raise a bug (http://bugs.exim.org) if you care enough, so this
does not get forgotten.
- --
Cheers,