[exim] exim4.conf variable case sensitivity

Autor: Colin Waring
A: Exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: [exim] exim4.conf variable case sensitivity
Hi folks,

I've looked through quite a lot of docs and haven't found an answer to this one.

I have an ACL condition as follows:

       condition = ${if !eq{1}{${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch \
                        {/etc/domains/$domain}{1}{0}}}}

>From what I read of the docs $domain is meant to be lowercase and the lookup is indeed done regardless of case. I am however seeing errors in the logs where is it checking for /etc/domains/DOMAIN.TLD in upper case.

Is there any way I can amend the ACL to force $domain to be lowercase for the second line? Alternatively is there somewhere earlier in the config file to take $domain, convert it to lowercase and put it in a different variable? I'm not sure what is and isn't supported in the conf file with regards to variable manipulation.

All the best,
Colin Waring.