[exim] decoding base64

Author: Bjørnar Ness
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] decoding base64
Is there no b642str function? I cant seem to find it.

Also, When I insert a header in a mail using str2b64 I am unable
to read the decoded content of this header (decoded) using $bh_ or $h_
I only get the b64 encoded string. From what I understand from the
documentation, this is wrong?

from the docs:
bheader removes leading and trailing white space, and then decodes
base64 or quoted-printable MIME “words” within the header text, but
does no character set translation. If decoding of what looks
superficially like a MIME “word” fails, the raw string is returned. If
decoding produces a binary zero character, it is replaced by a
question mark – this is what Exim does for binary zeros that are
actually received in header lines.

--
Bj(/)rnar