Re: [exim] email count per unit time

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] email count per unit time

On Mon, 2015-09-14 at 20:23 +0000, Jon Gerdes wrote:

> See http://www.net-snmp.org/docs/man/snmpd.conf.html halfway down under
> Log File Monitoring. It's a well hidden feature!
>
> If you find the default logs a pain to parse, you can make use of
> log_message to create custom entries, starting with an identifier.
> Pass the lot through a decent syslog and you can split out the default
> logs and your custom logs into separate files or a db or whatever. You
> can use Exim stats on the default files. If you output to a db you
> could run SQL queries for your reports.
>
> There are lots of options 8)

I reject using individual messages prefixed with a code, for example
[A31]

Expanding the Logwatch Exim module, I process these messages and
Logwatch then displays easy to read summaries for all types of errors
and rejections. It makes the daily Logwatch reading informed, simple and
fairly quick. The relevant information is displayed; the unnecessary
data is not. More detailed data is instantly available via a HTTP
programme (.php of course) running on the MTA server.

This is simply letting the computer do the work for you :-)

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.