Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 POSIX newline matching

Author: ph10
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 POSIX newline matching
On Sun, 6 Sep 2015, I wrote:

> I am planning on a more sophisticated modification to pcre2test, but I
> haven't got round to doing it yet.

I have just committed a patch. There is a new command called
#newline_default which is now in several test input files. It causes an
implicit newline=lf when PCRE2 is compiled with CR or CRLF as the
default and the pattern does not have its own newline= modifier. For
test 18 I added (*LF) within the pattern that caused the problem. While
doing this work I found a few infelicities in the test scripts, and I
also modified RunGrepTest so that it too can run when LF is not a default
newline. This has been a useful clearing up exercise.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel