Re: [exim] replacement / supplement for localuser - Unknown …

Author: Gary Stainburn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] replacement / supplement for localuser - Unknown User
On Thursday 03 September 2015 06:40:15 Jasen Betts wrote:
> no. to capture the content acceptance must progress to the end of DATA,
> so, you need to mess with the RCPT acl so the bad email addresses
> are accepted.
>
> then you need to figure out what to do with the email and what to tell
> the client.

Thanks for this. That is the direction I thought I would have to go. I'm
looking to capture this in the ACLs where possible, and live with the fact
that I may miss some who will still be caught by the router.

My concern is that I don't end up catching emails I shouldn't

I'm guessing I'll have to replicate both the /etc/aliases and
check_local_users within the ACL.